Uber, Lyft, Taxis, Limos, and others at McCarran International Airport (LAS)
Available rideshares and pickup/dropoff policies
McCarran International Airport (LAS), United States
McCarran International Airport (IATA: LAS, ICAO: KLAS, FAA LID: LAS) is the primary commercial airport serving the Las Vegas Valley, a major metropolitan area in the U.S. state of Nevada. It is in Paradise, NV about 5 miles (8.0 km) south of Downtown Las Vegas.
The pickup policies for rideshares at Las Vegas McCarran Airport have been in flux. They have designated pickup spots for rideshares, and they are not with regular taxis and limos. They are not even in the Ground Transportation area, but in their parking garage. Please follow the directions below very carefully.
Rideshares Available at McCarran International Airport
Rideshare Pickup/Dropoff Instructions for McCarran International Airport
At Terminal 1 - T1 Parking Garage on Level 2M. At Terminal 3 - T3 Parking Garage on Valet Level (V)
At Las Vegas McCarran Airport, there are designated pickup area for rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft. Since this is a different area than Ground Transportation and Taxis/Limos pickup, one must use caution when looking. In short, your Uber and Lyft will be in the parking garages in both Terminal 1 and 3.
After getting off the flight, you are to follow signs that read, "TNC / Rideshares". If you do not see them right away, you should follow signs to "Ground Transportation", "Baggage Claim", or "Passenger Pick-up", and you should eventually see the rideshare signs. We have included some images below so you know what to look for.
The locations are both in the tall parking structures for both Terminal 1 and 3. Yes, you should notify your driver which Terminal you need to be picked up
- At Terminal 1, head to T1 Parking and take the elevator up to Level 2M.
- At Terminal 3, head to T3 Parking and take the elevator down to the Valet Level (V).
Here are some diagrams that will help you:
Here are some pictures that describe the pickup locations and signs you will see along the way
Rules and guidelines at McCarran
Here are the rules that Las Vegas McCarran Airport has outlined for rideshare drivers and riders. (For your reference)
- Passengers cannot be picked up at Arrivals.
- Drivers cannot wait in an area outside of the staging lot for you if you are delayed.
- Passengers can be dropped off at the departures area for their airline.
- Drivers must be in the staging lot to get a request for a ride. This means that they should always be able to meet you within 4-5 minutes, making this a very convenient option.
- Drivers cannot solicit passengers or pickup people outside of the ridesharing app.
- Drivers cannot accept cash from passengers.
Tips on getting picked up at airports (any airports)
Lastly, here is a great article on tips on getting picked up at airports in general:
Did you have any problems or confusion with rideshares or taxis at McCarran International Airport? Tell us about it in our discussion forum.
Las Vegas Area Airports
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
Nellis Air Force Base (LSV)
North Las Vegas Airport (VGT)
Henderson Executive Airport (HSH)
Train Stations Near Las Vegas
Las Vegas Greyhound Bus Station