What are vehicle requirements for Uber?
The Guru Take
Depends on the country and service
The driver and vehicle requirements vary by your location, but here is a link to the rules for USA.
All vehicles operating on the Uber platform must meet the following requirements:
- must have 4 doors and be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers
- must be 15 model years old or newer
- title cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt.
- rental vehicles are not allowed on the Uber platform.
- cannot have any cosmetic damage, missing pieces, commercial branding or taxi paint jobs.
Should you choose to drive a vehicle you do not personally own, you must be listed as an insured driver on this vehicle's insurance policy. Please note that Uber cannot approve a vehicle if the driver-partner's name is not on the insurance document.
Source as of 11/2017: https://help.uber.com/h/2ddf30ca-64bd-4143-9ef2-e3bc6b929948