What are the requirements to be a Uber driver
The Guru Take
Review both driver and vehicle requirements.
There are requirements for drivers and there are requirements for your vehicles. See the following articles:
Good luck! Make sure to use a promotion code when signing up! (https://partners.uber.com/i/uber-unleashed)
UPDATE - Pasting the driver requirements here - for USA:
- A minimum age requirement of 21 years old for both Uber and Lyft
- Must be licensed in the US for at least one year, or three years (for Uber) if you're under 23.
- Car insurance under your name. (Keep in mind, the insurance must also be in the same state you'll be driving in and meet that state's minimum requirements)
- A Social Security number.
- Have a valid driver’s license issued by the USA
- Agree to a background check. The background check will look for any criminal history, car accidents, reckless driving charges, suspended licenses, DUIs, and history of operating a vehicle without insurance. The background checks are given by third parties. In New York City, DMV and criminal background checks are conducted by the Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) according to their licensing standards, not by Lyft.