If you don't have an account you can
sign up for one now.
You can also reset your
password if you've
Join our free newsletter to receive exclusive tips from our Gurus, recent rideshare trends, and hot forum topics all conveniently delivered to your inbox.
LOL. I've been allowing people to be in my car unmasked for the last two years. I'm vaxxed and boosted, and I had a Delta Breakthru in August and an Omicron Breakthru in December. About 40% of riders choose to leave the mask on, and the other 60% give a sigh of relief and thank me while they take theirs off. I mirror whatever the Pax decides.
The first time either Uber or Lyft puts 4 in my car, I'm done.
They absolutely will. Their model does not work as an employer or as a unionized business. California has succeeded in killing rideshare for the state of California. Well done.
I think a rating below 4 needs to have a reason. If there's no reason, then it shouldn't count against my total.
This is how it will play out: Uber and Lyft will dump California. If you need a "just wage" AND benefits, go find a corporate job. If you're pushing for unions, be prepared to leave the ride-share industry, or become a cabbie. There is no way the model works with unions and "just wages."
I haven't needed to do this for 38 years, but when I lived in San Francisco, it was needed every other month. I had only one step:
Before going to bed, I'd grab a can of coke and pop my hood. I'd pour the coke over each post making sure to cover the crud built up around them.
The next morning, my battery was squeaky clean. After doing this every other month for the year I lived there, I quit drinking coke. :-)
Auto theft, bank robbery, and sometimes I babysit.
In the 4000+ rides I've given, I've only had one person get into my car with a lit cig. I told him nicely to ditch the cig cause my wife wouldn't let me drive her car anymore if she smelled it, and she has a hyper-sensitive nose. He tossed it, but it's my car, so I lied a bit. :-) I don't mind vaping as long as the window is cracked and they aren't taking giant hits that fill the car up with all that stuff.
I'll give a shot or two of Citrus Magic's "Fresh Orange" once a month or so. I've never been told my car stinks, but I have had many compliments on my clean smelling car. Almost all of my pax' ride with the windows up.
I do it on occasion when I know I'm saving the rider 5+ minutes, but I tell them what I am doing and why before I make the move. I will also give them the decision if the app is showing a change in the regular route. I'll tell them the workaround is being suggested and the app gets it right about 75-80% of the time. Sometimes they choose to stay the course and sometimes they go with the app's suggestion.
I'm a driver. I have no problem with calls. I especially enjoy business calls. I get to hear 1/2 a conversation about something going down in somebody's business while trying to figure out just what the company does. I once heard a woman I was taking to the airport in a conference call with investors who were getting ready to invest in a marijuana farm in Colorado. They were talking about site size (huge) and plant harvest times (4x per year.) Fascinating stuff and the potential return was astronomical. I might feel different if it was a pool or a shared ride.
LOL. Whatever floats yer boat, but don't expect a machine in my car. I'm way to busy getting you to your destination in decent time and safely. Sing all you want, but don't expect a Mic from me.
If you're not making enough driving, get out of the bidnez. $40? Truly sad.