Uber lifts mask requirement!

Posted by: RideGuru Team Apr 19, 2022
Updated Apr 21, 2022


Uber Lifts Mask Policy

Effective today, Tuesday April 19th, 2022, Uber has officially updated their mask policy in the United States. Now, masks are no longer required in Uber vehicles for riders or drivers, further Uber has stated that "if you ever feel uncomfortable, you can always cancel the trip." This is a quick and drastic change from their “No Mask, No Ride” stance that has been in effect for almost 2 years!

This updated policy comes one day after a federal judge in Florida struck down the Biden administration’s mask mandate for planes, trains, buses and other public transport stating that the mandate was "unlawful".

While Uber’s update may seem drastic, many are exclaiming that it is about time! In an update, Uber did note that the CDC still recommends wearing a mask if an individual has personal risk factors or if the person lives in areas with current high transmission of Covid-19. Uber also urges all riders and drivers to be respectful of everyone’s preferences reminding their community that “many people still feel safer wearing a mask because of personal or family health situations.”

Uber's dropped mask policy also comes with other loosened Covid policies such as where riders are allowed to sit. Uber’s website now says: "Riders are no longer required to sit in the back seat. However, to give drivers space, we ask that riders only use the front seat if it's required because of the size of their group."

Uber isn’t the only company to recently change their Covid policies, large airlines such as Delta and United have also announced a lifted mask policy. Lyft took a couple days to follow suit but they followed Uber's lead and have ended their mask mandate as well.

In other countries, Uber will still remain bound by the areas Covid-19 rules. While Uber may be forgoing masks as a company, you may still find you need to wear one in other parts of the world.

{{ ratingSum }}


    {{ ratingSum }}
    12 Rider Driver
     1 year ago

    LOL. I've been allowing people to be in my car unmasked for the last two years. I'm vaxxed and boosted, and I had a Delta Breakthru in August and an Omicron Breakthru in December. About 40% of riders choose to leave the mask on, and the other 60% give a sigh of relief and thank me while they take theirs off. I mirror whatever the Pax decides.

    Show Hide  1 Reply
      {{ ratingSum }}
       1 year ago

      you dont feel like picking me up from St Agnes shopping centre and taking me to meet with child protection to see my beautiful baby boy for an hour and a half do you .? or know any other way to get there by 1pm

    {{ ratingSum }}
     1 year ago

    LOL. For the past two years, I've let folks ride in my car unprotected. I had a Delta Breakthru in August and an Omicron Breakthru in December. I am also boosted and vaccinated. About 40% of riders decide to keep their masks on, while the other 60% exhale in relief and say "thank you" as they remove theirs. Whatever the Pax chooses, I reflect it. geometry dash

    {{ ratingSum }}
     2 months ago

    When it comes to choosing the right chainsaw for a specific job, there are several factors that should be considered. Whether you are a professional logger or just an avid DIY enthusiast, selecting the appropriate chainsaw can make a significant difference in both your efficiency and safety. cuttingedgechainsaws