I would like to try driving for Uber to make extra cash. I had my hours cut down, and I have flexibility with my hours. I plan to mostly drive during the day on the weekdays, and I already own a car. I could drive nights if I wanted extra hours/cash. I was curious to see if there are basic safety tips I should be aware of.
Tips & Advice for female drivers? Safety advice?
Here's a list of tips I heard from a female Uber driver:
- Be mindful of the hours you work.
- Be mindful of the areas you drive.
- Be mindful of where the authorities are available, e.g. police station or populated areas.
- Make sure to use the app at all times, so GPS is on and tracking your location.
- Let someone know of your shifts and when you are driving.
- If uncomfortable, feel free to cancel the ride request.
- If uncomfortable, call a friend and keep the line open.
- Install an inside-facing dashcam.
I am sure there are plenty more.