How do female Uber drivers stay safe?
The Guru Take
Here are some to begin with:
- Be vigilant
- Be mindful of the hours you work.
- Be mindful of the areas you drive.
- Be mindful of where the authorities are available, e.g. police station or populated areas.
- Make sure to use the app at all times, so GPS is on and tracking your location.
- Use dashcams that record the inside of the car.
- Avoid pickups in secluded areas, such as alleys, warehouses, dark areas away from the road, etc.
- Ensure your car has plenty of gas and is in a good working condition.
- Let someone know of your shifts and when you are driving.
- If uncomfortable, feel free to cancel the ride.
- If uncomfortable, call a friend and keep the line open.
Uber Driver, CEO of TaxiFareFinder and Unleashed, LLC