A collection of stories. TImeless
Hell is other people — and few people know this better than Uber drivers.
The ride-hailing transportation company has transformed global taxi markets, and made it possible to get around with just the tap of a button. But that ease and simplicity comes with a cost — for its drivers.
Uber drivers will often see people at their very worst: Drunk, angry, late, and entitled. We asked Uber drivers to tell us about some of the worst passengers they've ever experienced, from intoxicated carnage to sexual harassment.
These are their stories.
- "I'd rather drive 4 drunk college kids than 1 drunk middle-aged man any day."
- "I might be having an LSD flashback."
- "I know I would be his next target if I didn't stay on my toes."
- "Having someone completely unresponsive in your backseat brings up a number of challenges."
- "He could have got me fired."
- "The sound he made will come to haunt me I’m sure, it was an animalistic grunt that I didn’t know a human could make."
- "They really feel as though they can treat their drivers like a slave."