If you don't have an account you can
sign up for one now.
You can also reset your
password if you've
As a. non app driver and owner of a small private taxi service , 30 to 50 percent of the daily gross is in tips . So if a driver s daily gross booking is $300 he will make a average of $120 extra in tips and that is without providing any type of amenities . Your thinking how that can be ? You cannot give quality and value at the same time so either you give quality service or you give the customer value . I choose to give quality service to those who understand what quality means and compensates for that particular type of service. 75% of our customers are seniors the other 25% of those who want quality service that they can trust. I just can't believe that somebody publicly wrote that they would give a driver one US dollar if they provided some type of amenities ; I mean that just totally disgraceful and distasteful but that's the majority of what app companies give to their drivers.
I never clean the back of the car and don't want you sitting next to me
The features are nice but it does not reflect inflation , safety , high commission rates and poor tips .How about adding a 20% surcharge that goes directly to the driver?
A recent survey said that the highest paying app gig is driving passengers BUT for five cents less per hour parcel delivery was the second highest . Given our current crazy society , you would have to be lunie to drive passengers.
Terrible quality of human beings as I stated long ago that Uber managed to dig up the sewer . I started in this business in 1979 , NYC and overall in all my years I would say say that over 90% of my passengers was great . I never was robbed , assaulted or had to call the Police because I felt threatened. I did Uber for one month and last garbage passenger had to be removed by NYPD .
I can tell you what 30 plus years of driving gave me starting from the bottom : foot pain, vericose , leg cramps , hemmoroids, back pain, enlarged prostrate , digestive issues, acid reflux, finger and wrist pain neck pain and headaches .
Keep your money in your pocket , mine expired November 17 ,2021 after having a hack license for 34 years . It is just not worth it anymore and the fares do not reflect the cost of living . Covid has provided many drivers new avenue s of revenue and many of them are very happy . You can operate a small private taxi service yourself and make a comfortable living if you have a roomy sedan and a good personality.
It's about the money ,nothing else
Yes kill them first
Dara can go Fxxk herself
You are late equals no tip and a headache not worth any fare amount. I would have left too
Restaurants are dropping these apps like dead flies
What about the drivers who committed suicide ?
That's why Uber did a great job of finding passengers that yellow cabs hate.
All these stupid stories... I drove a NYC cab from 1986 to 1994 ( night shift ) and never had this type of craziness because I knew where to cruise , how to cruise , and who to pick and not pick. Never robbed or beaten out of a fare .
Cancel the ride and kick him her out . Your getting paid peanuts so why make it into crumbs.
There is a high turnover rate because drivers realize that their return on investment is not worth it especially in NYC . I run a small private cab service and all my customers tip well because I can develop relationships with them and they appreciate this kind of service . App companies cannot and are not interested to do so which is why the star system is in place Most people do not have clue of what customer service is and are satisfied with the star system .
Actually it's called inflation and drivers are tired of getting shafted by app companies and passengers especially the ones the yellow cabbies pass up . App companies managed to pick the worse customers I have ever seen in my 30 plus years of driving . I run a small private cab company where I pick good customers and good drivers and create a happy win win balance . I do not need a star system because my commissions are much lower then any app company and my customers are generous tippers which make my drivers give premium service.
Once Uber starts shafting the drivers again most will and do another type of gig
Pull to the side ,open door and yank him her out onto sidewalk , end ride and leave
Remember that you are the Captain of your ship and let no one disturb your peace. If someone tries to look down on you it is because he or she have a low self esteem. If someone raises their voice and /or becomes vuglar cancel the ride immediately and notify your app company to protect yourself.Never lower yourself to their standards nor be embarrassed at your occupation . As long as your behind the wheel and performing a service you are a driver and there is no shame in working for a honest days pay.