Every year we love when Uber publishes their Uber Eats Cravings Report, an annual snapshot of the most popular, most unusual, and most unique delivery order requests on the Uber Eats platform. Keep reading to learn the newest trends, funniest requests, and most popular items.
Top Uber Eats Trends 2021
- Grocery delivery is on the rise. Not all that surprising given the recent adoption of grocery delivery due to the pandemic but Uber did share that weekends were the most popular days to order, specifically within the 5-7 timeframe. If you are looking to get your food quicker, try ordering on a weekday or in the morning to avoid the rush!
- Uber sold more than 25,150 pounds of bananas in the U.S. in September alone making bananas the #1 selling item!
- The most popular alcohol orders are large margaritas, Tito’s vodka, White Claw variety packs, Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon and Corona.
- Hungry Uber Eaters! One eater in Raleigh, NC ordered from Zayka Indian Cuisine 904 times. Someone in Nashville, TN ordered Pasta Amore 794 times. And a hungry customer in Peoria, IL ordered from Bacci Pizza 764 times. One person even ordered $7,719.82 worth of groceries at once.
- According to Uber, the most polite states are Montana, Vermont, Oregon, Idaho and Washington. Apparently, the words “please” and “thank you” appear the most often in their instructions. While customers in Asheville, NC, Santa Fe, NM and the Florida Keys were the most generous tippers.
- Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Georgia take home the award as the pickiest eaters – most often adding special instructions to their orders. While people in West Virginia, Delaware, Utah, South Dakota and Missouri hardly ever add special instructions!
The most popular cuisines:
- Burgers + Sandwiches
- Breakfast (Bagels + Donuts)
The most ordered items:
- French Fries
- Pad Thai
- Garlic Naan
- Miso Soup
- California Roll
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Spicy Tuna Roll
Our Top 3 Favorite “Instructions”:
- “According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.”
- “Oh ye, paragons of pastries craft, yon into hither box the reaping of your craft. Please hook me up with 10 maple bars or as close as you can (please no “filled” it’s too much raw maple. I know, you’re thinking “this guy needs to up his maple tolerance” and you’re right, but I’m working on it, baby steps.) and then a couple glazed old fashioned as well. You guys are the real MVPs out here doin’ the doughnut work, I’ll raise a glass in your honor… then I will put the glass down and stuff my face with doughnuts like a…. fat guy… eating doughnuts.”
- “What’s the best flavor for curing cottonmouth? I’ve been eating sandwiches all night and my mouth is dry and my eyes are all red. I hope it helps with that too. Red eyes ain’t no joke, could be serious. Glaucoma or cataracts or a stye or too much weed.. there’s no way to ever really know. Look at me I’m rambling on and on in a Snapple instruction area. Anyway, I hope y’all are healthy.”
We hope this provided a nice Wednesday Hump Day distraction for you all! For more fun Uber Eats facts, visit Uber’s Annual Report!