Dec 13, 2022
Updated Dec 14, 2022
Every year we love when Uber publishes their Uber Eats Cravings Report, an annual snapshot of the most popular, most unusual, and most unique delivery order requests on the Uber Eats platform. Keep reading to learn the newest trends, funniest requests, and most popular items of 2022
Top Uber Eats Trends 2022
- The No Booze Boom: Uber Eats orders for non-alcoholic beers, wines and spirits spiked 300% over the past year.
- Thanksgiving Hangovers?: French fries and hash browns were among the most popular dishes ordered on Uber Eats this Thanksgiving.
- Ranch fatigue: Customer’s desire for ranch dressing has dramatically dwindled. While pre-pandemic requests for “ranch,” “extra ranch” and “side of ranch” topped the charts for most requested special instructions on Uber Eats, these requests now don’t even crack the top 20.
- It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye: When Klondike announced they would stop making the Choco Taco it seems users wanted to get their hands on one before they were gone forever. Uber saw a large spike in convenience store orders for the ice cream novelty this year.
- Are Moms Favored Over Wives and Girlfriends?: Although Valentine’s Day was the most popular day to order flowers on Uber Eats, consumers planned farther ahead when choosing a gift for mom. The days leading up to Mother’s Day were the most popular days to order flowers, outranking any of the days surrounding Valentine’s Day.
- College Cravings: Nobody knows late-night cravings like college students with Penn State taking the lead with the most late night order on Uber Eats, followed by University of Iowa, University of Illinois and Texas A&M University.
Our Top 3 Favorite “Instructions”:
- Please make it with love because I love you. And if anyone is good at drawing, can you draw a T. rex with sunglasses on the inside of the box? Or you could draw your favorite dinosaur on it.
- My wife loves pizza. She refuses to order it, but then she ends up eating mine every time I order it. The problem is that dairy tears her stomach apart. There are times when we debate whether we need to summon an exorcist. It’s a struggle each time to act as if we don’t notice, but we persevere, because we love her. I’m begging you, please, for the sake of our weekend, please do not add cheese. If you must, please add as little as possible.
- Hi there. This is going to sound insane, but would you be so kind and put a disturbing amount of butter on my grilled cheese? Like, you’re going to need the Red Cross Emergency Rapid Response team on site and provide me with astronaut diapers — just in case.
We hope this provided you all with a few laughs! For more fun Uber Eats facts, visit Uber’s Annual Report.