Can I bring along my dog as a driver?
The Guru Take
Wow, this is as new one. No specifically prohibiting, but I can't imagine it going too well.
I certainly do not recommend it, but I wil admit we weren't able to find specific rules on whether you can or cannot bring a pet with you on your Uber shift. Oh, man.
I certainly do not recommend it though. Imagine the issues you can encounter:
- What if you get a long shift and your dog had to "go."
- The dog can be noisy and may disrupt customers who prefer quiet.
- The dog can be dangerous sitting in the front seat. You may not care, but your passengers might.
- Your passengers may be allergicc to the dog.
- Your passengers may find you unprofessional for whatever reason.
So, in the end, you will most likely attract negative reviews, which may get you deactivated.
Here's a picture of a cute dog on a taxi. :)
UPDATE: Uber does have a policy against having friends and family while on an Uber shift.