How do I contact the Uber driver or Uber about a lost item?
The Guru Take
Call the driver asap on App or Web. Note a $15 will be charged.
The best way to retrieve an item you may have left in a vehicle is to call the driver. Here's how:
1. In an Uber App, open the menu by clicking on the icon at top right.
2. Tap "Your Trips" to bring up the history.
3. Find the ride where you lost your item. Tap on it to bring up the Trip Details.
4. Scrolldown and tap on "I lost an item."
On a website (In case you left your phone)
1. Go to this webpage - Uber - Contact Driver.
2. Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted. If it's your phone that's lost, enter a friend's phone number.
3. Uber will call the number you enter to connect you directly with your driver
If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
If your driver doesn't pick up, leave a detailed voicemail describing your item and the best way to contact you.
Be considerate that your driver's personal schedule will be affected by taking time out to return your item to you. A $15 fee (in US) is charged to your account once your lost item is returned. Drivers are independent contractors and this is to compensate them for their time. The entire fee is passed on to the driver.