How much are these GPS-enabled dockless rental bikes? Are they cheaper than UberX?
The Guru Take
$1 for 30 minutes seems to be the going rate. Here are some interesting facts.
The going rate seems to be about $1 per 30 minutes for most companies. Some have monthly discount plans.
Also, remember there are bikes and electric scooters. They are different.
Here are some interesting fact.
- To renta a dockless bicycle users can expect to pay $1 per 30 minutes.
- Electronic scooters are powered and are different from rental bikes. One of the companies that offer electronic scooters, Bird charges $1 to start each ride and 15 cents per minute.
- Some companies have a monthly plan. Decobike has a plan where you can pay $20 for one month of unlimited 30-minute rides. Then it's $5 a minute.
- In comparison, car-sharing services like Zipcar offer rates of about $10 to $12 an hour.
- The GPS-enabled dockless bikes are estimated to be as high as $5,000 per bike.