Lyft has recently made a big effort to include more vehicles that will cater to those with limited mobility. Ordering and accessible car through Lyft is surprisingly easy, riders simply need to turn on the "Access Mode" in their settings. Here is how you can turn on Access Mode.
1. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your Lyft app.
2. Scroll down and tap 'Settings'.
3. Find 'Wheelchair access' in the menu.
4. Slide the toggle to the right so it's green, see below.
5. You have now enabled "Access Mode" ! To find a ride, go back to Lyft app home page and type in your destination. With Access Mode enabled you will be able to now swipe left to see additional modes of transport.
6. To select Wheelchair Mode, tap "More" then tap "Access".
7. Finally, tap "Request Access," confirm your pickup location, and you're all set to ride!
Please note that in certain markets Access Mode may not be available. In these markets, information regarding local accessible services will be sent directly to the passenger via text message when the ride is requested.