Jun 14, 2022
Updated Jun 14, 2022
Our team here at RideGuru always looks forward to the Uber Lost and Found Index report each year as some of the “findings” are quite hilarious, not to mention bizarre! If you are new to the Lost and Found Index, this is Uber’s 6th year publishing a full-on report of everything that passengers have reportedly left behind in cars. Along with their fun Lost and Found findings, Uber also breaks down the most forgetful cities, dates, times, etc.
Some of our favorite left behind items this year include: a Bernie Sanders fanny pack, 40 chicken nuggets, a pet tortoise, and Grandma’s teeth! And, apparently, Austin TX, took home the top spot the second year in a row for being the most forgetful city.
"Folks have been more forgetful than ever this year. As the world continues to get going again, we look forward to helping return these lost items -- no matter how unique they might be," Lexi Levin Mitchel, senior communications manager at Uber told CNN.
If you happen to be one of the unlucky, forgetful Uber passengers and left something behind in a recent Uber trip, look no further than this article which outlines the exact (and simple) steps you can take to retrieve your item!
To view the full 2022 Lost and Found report click here or keep scrolling!
The 2022 Uber Lost & Found Index
The 10 most commonly forgotten items:
- Phone / camera
- Backpack / purse
- Headphones / speaker
The 10 most “forgetful” cities:
- Austin, TX (second year in a row at #1!)
- Charlotte, NC
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
- Dallas, TX
- Kansas City, KS
- Atlanta, GA
- Tampa Bay, FL
- Columbus, OH
- Phoenix, AZ
The 50 most unique lost items:
- Some tater tots
- My fingernail is on the seat
- “It’s Boba Time” apron
- Foldable unicorn kid chair
- 500 grams of caviar
- My grandma’s teeth
- A Buddha locket
- Cat litter and a reptile heating bulb
- “Life is tough but so are you” blanket
- A grass cutter and tree trimmer
- Supreme underwear
- Pizza costume
- A sh*tty painting of a moose
- Unicorn band aid box
- A Billie Eilish ukulele
- 6 pool drains and an Employee of the Month plaque
- I lost 40 chicken nuggets
- Bernie Sanders fannie pack
- A crochet strawberry my girlfriend made me. It means a lot to me.
- Toy airplane
- Star Wars Yoda headband and Darth Vader helmet
- Part of my soft serve ice cream machine
- Metal leg
- Painting of Kung Fu Panda and pink air pump shaped as a pig
- A piece of my broom
- Antique walking cane with a sword
- 17 flowers and 3 milk teas
- Urn with pet ashes + urn of family member
- Tube for chugging drinks. Very expensive.
- Two pair of snorkeling goggles and a passport from China
- A power washing machine and a wooden carved fish
- Dream catcher and a deck of tarot cards
- Diamond grill
- Loose pear-shaped diamond. $1000 reward if found!
- A bucket of slime
- Small rhino sculpture
- A wig and a cloth
- Brown tortoise
- A single blonde strand of hair
- Spray tan machine
- Paw Patrol blanket
- Breast pump and a white cowboy hat
- 10lbs of hamburger meat
- Burger and banana fridge magnets
- A dart that says “unleash the beast”
- Ball gag and stethoscope
- A windmill
Most forgetful days / times:
- Uber riders across the United States are most forgetful on Saturdays and Sundays.
- People are becoming more forgetful in the early evening with people reporting the most items left behind between 4-6pm.
- Some of the most forgetful days of the last year were March 20 (St. Patrick’s Day Weekend) and July 4.
Lost items that peak on certain days:
- People are most likely to forget their glasses, chargers and cardholders on Mondays.
- People are most likely to forget kid’s items like car seats, pacifiers, milk, and strollers on Tuesdays.
- People are most likely to forget passports and books on Wednesdays.
- People are most likely to forget groceries and laptops on Thursdays.
- People are most likely to forget cash and fanny packs on Fridays.
- People are most likely to forget clothing, ID, and keys on Saturdays.
- People are most likely to forget phones, wallets, jewelry and makeup on Sundays.
2022 Lost & Found trends:
- Forgetful fans: More than 50 Jerseys from the Rangers, Warriors, Giants, Eagles, LA Dodgers and more were all left behind by fans.
- Keys: Toyota keys are the most frequently left behind, followed by Honda, BMW and Jeep.
- Timing is everything: 5pm is the most forgetful time of day.
- Beloved brands: Nike seems to be forgotten most, followed by Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Samsung and Apple products.
- CPAP machines: Over the last year, more than 40 riders reported leaving behind their CPAP machines.
- Sweet teeth: More than 30 riders for their retainers, more than 20 riders forgot their gold or diamond encrusted grills, and 5 folks left their dentures on the backseat.
- Musical instruments: Flutes, drums, trombones, ukuleles, dj equipment and more were all left behind this past year.