I appreciate Uber putting in some measures in place, but can we face the hard truths?
You have a high exposure of Covid-19 when you get into an Uber, because:
- Covid vapors and droplets are floating in the air from previous passengers
- Covid vapors and droplets are floating in the air from drivers who only put their masks on upon pickup
- Door knobs, car seats, windows, etc. are likely to have been touched by previous passengers with no clean up in between
We have to admit that most drivers do not:
- Put their masks on until the next riders are in the car.
- Have the "outside air" on in the A/C
- Wipe down knobs, seats, etc.
An improved Uber guideline is needed to make sure some of these are addressed.