I've heard stories in the news, but just wanted to know if anyone here experienced this before. I'm very curious to know. And how I can avoid this happening please!
has anyone ever been scammed by a fake uber driver?
The Guru Take
How to Avoid Fake Uber Drivers
We wrote an article with some tips on how to avoid being scammed! Check it out: https://ride.guru/content/newsroom/tips-to-avoid-being-scammed-by-uber-impersonators.
Some key takeaways:
1. If traveling with a group, have one person who is not intoxicated be in charge of requesting and finding the Uber car.
2. Check the make and model of the car before getting in, along with the license plate!
3. Look at the name and picture of your driver on your app and make sure they match the driver in the car.
4. Call or text the driver beforehand to find an exact meeting spot (at a certain intersection, road, or in front of a specific storefront) so you can easily find the car.
5. Before getting in, ask the driver to repeat your name.